Memorial Day Quotes
- Memorial Day isn’t just about honoring veterans, its honoring those who lost their lives. Veterans had the fortune of coming home. For us, that’s a reminder of when we come home we still have a responsibility to serve. It’s a continuation of service that honors our country and those who fell defending it.
- Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
- Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.
- A man’s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.
Memorial Day Quotes Images Clipart
- There are no points of the compass on the chart of true patriotism.
- The patriot’s blood is the seed of freedom’s tree.
- Patriotism is easy to understand in America – it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.
- Patriotism was a living fire of unquestioned belief and purpose.
- There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country.
- Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.
Memorial Day Quotes Presidents
- Ceremonies are important, but our gratitude has to be more than visits to the troops and once a year Memorial Day ceremonies. We honor the dead best by treating the living well.
- As America celebrates Memorial Day, we pay tribute to those who have given their lives in our nation’s wars.
- Thank you so much to all the servicemen and women who have gone above and beyond protecting our country. Happy Memorial Day!
- Memories, even bittersweet ones, are better than nothing.
- We ask a lot of those who wear our uniform. We ask them to leave their loved ones, to travel great distances, to risk injury, even to be prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice of their lives. They are dedicated. They are honorable. They represent the best of our country, and we are grateful.
- Better than honor and glory, and History’s iron pen, Was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow-men.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!
Memorial Day Wishes
- Remembering our Heroes on Memorial Day
- We are forever grateful for the ultimate sacrifice of those who died for the Unites States of America.
May their courage and dedication will never be forgotten.
- Thank to those who gave their lives in service to our country, Thanks for their invaluable contribution.
- Expressing gratitude to all the military personnel for their supreme sacrifices on this memorial day.
Memorial Day Wishes
- Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
love leaves a memory no one can steal.
- The brave die never, though they sleep in dust:
Their courage nerves a thousand living men.
Wishing you a peaceful and blessed Memorial Day
- If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.
- On this Memorial Day…
let the memories of the dauntless and valiant martyrs be with us.
Memorial Day Messages
Memorial Day Messages Remembrance
Memorial Day Inspirational Quotes and Messages
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words, but to live by them.” –John F. Kennedy
- “Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
- “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.” –Bob Dylan
- “The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.” –Thucydides
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” –Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “On this day, take time to remember those who have fallen. But on every day after, do more; put the freedoms they died for to greater and nobler uses.” –Richelle E. Goodrich
- “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost.” –Robert A. Heinlein